Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Cypress Trees



Most of my photography is considered fine art. I exhibit and show my work at various galleries, and enter juried shows in the area. I have won awards for my work, and my photography is in collections in most of the states and in several foreign countries. My magnolias have been used by businesses and corporations for advertising, for logos and for stationary and business cards, for wedding invitations - even for signs. They have illustrated magazine articles, been on the cover of a telephone book and illustrated the magnolia for a book about the state of Mississippi.
I am passionate about my photography. It provides the creative outlets that I need to feed my soul.

Sometimes I do freelance work. The photograph to the right, "Cypress Trees" was taken when I photographed "Dreams" for the Lynn Meadows Discovery Center. Dreams is the children's museum's annual fundraiser that showcases the talent of the youth in music and dance. This photograph is one of my very favorite photographs of all time. It was taken during a dance called "Cypress Trees" in front of a full orchestra. This photograph is often used by Lynn Meadows to promote their various programs, and was used in the program when Lynn Meadows won a national award in Washington, D.C. Can you imagine my proud smile?

No comments: