Sunday, April 27, 2008

Award at Singing River Art Association Annual Art Exhibit

"Angel of Sorrow"

I am pleased to announce that my "Angel of Sorrow" photograph, which was a 20" X 30" canvas gallery wrap format, won the award for Best Photography at the Singing River Art Association's 2008 art exhibit that runs through May at the Jolly McCarthy Depot in Pascagoula, MS. The honor was a great thrill for me. The juror was Victoria Lenne, noted Tennessee watercolorist.
This photograph seems to touch the souls of viewers, especially those who went through Katrina. One of the main goal for my photography is that it touch the soul and has meaning for those who view it. I like to think that she my Angel of Sorrow the angel who lifts our burdens by carrying our sorrows for us.
This photograph may be ordered using my photography
purchase page.

"Misty Magnolia"

This is my other entry in the SRAA Art Exhibit. It is a Magnolia soulangeana from the magnolia bush in my front yard. It is my newest image. The judge always leaves comments for award winners, but didn't leave many comments for other entrys that didn't win an award. She left this comment by Misty Magnolia:
"Simply elegant."
This was also done on a canvas gallery wrap.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS LINDA...LOVELY WORK!!

Hope your 2008 is truly blessed and all your sunsets are "award winning"!

Cheers, De ;c]