Monday, April 14, 2008

New Beginnings


Today I created my blog. This is a new beginning for me. I resisted blogs for over a year, and while this will not be a "daily diary", I hope to make my blog a place where you can get to know me well. I plan to keep you updated on my photography news as well as let you see the photographer behind the photography.

This will be a way to share my photography with those who care to see what I am doing. As I grow older, I grow more philosophical. My photography grows more and more to be the window to my soul because I put so much of myself into creating each photograph.

About a year ago I saw the following quotation posted at an art exhibit. It spoke to me in a profound way. If you substitute "photography" for "art" as you read it, you will know how I feel about photography. Photography captures a moment in time that can never again be duplicated, nor can a different person capture a scene in exactly the way that I, or anyone else, can.

“Art is a living river that runs through our time and will run on as long as art is created and appreciated. To purchase a painting is to take a dipper full of the river home to constantly be refreshed with the energy of life.” Stewart Turcotte

No comments: